Hello and welcome to our August NC Demos Blog Hop! I missed hopping last month but I’m back and excited to be part of this month’s theme.
And I’m also happy to be back from attending SU!’s Backstage Event in New Orleans! Wow, what a whirlwind couple of days with lots of much-needed business inspiration. Actually, it was a whirlwind week. My husband and I decided to make this a vacation opportunity as he hadn’t been to NOLA before, and I have only been once, many years ago. We ate so much delicious food, enjoyed refreshing adult beverages, and clocked many miles on my Fitbit (which helped offset the food & drink, I hope!). Here’s a fun pic from the event with a couple of fellow NC Demos (Martinette Horner and our own Tracie Evans Langley) and a new friend we made at the event, Debbie Danford from Washington State. I’ll explain a little more about what’s behind this pic in another post.
Ok, back to our theme for this month. Like the little black dress, a black & white card never goes out of style and is perfect for nearly any occasion. So, this month we are creating cards that are black and white and always in style!
You may have just hopped here from Tonya Bowers’ blog and I know she shared an amazing project. For my project, I kind of knew in my mind what type of stamps I wanted to use for my project because I thought it would be really unusual to use them in a black and white theme. Mainly because whenever you think of leaves, you almost always think of fresh green leaves in Spring or beautiful fall-colored leaves. So I really wanted to experiment using them for this hop. And I have to say I like it! It might not be everyone’s cup of tea though, and that’s ok!
Working with just 2 colors, made it pretty easy to put this card together. The incredible detail of the Soft Seedlings stamp set lets this image stand out front and center, no matter what colors you use. You won’t need to do any type of shading with these stamps, it’s already done for you!
Here are the steps for the card:
- Thick Basic White cut at 11 x 4 1/4 and scored at 5 1/2.
- Next cut a panel of Basic White 4 1/4 x 2 3/4. Stamp the leaf image and the sentiment with Memento Ink. Cover the image with Wink of Stella.
- Take your fingernail and rough up the edges of the stamped panel. I think this gives the card some interesting texture.
- Take a piece of Black Bakers Twine and wrap it twice around the bottom portion of the stamped panel and tie a bow in the front.
- Add more texture by taking a piece of Basic Black measuring 5 1/4 x 5 and run it through the Stamp and Embossing machine using the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing folder.
- Attach the Basic Black embossed layer to the card front
- Using dimensionals, attach the Basic White stamped panel to the left side of the black layer
- Add 3 Basic Rhinestones to the bottom right on the Basic Black embossed layer.
- Stamp the sentiment and 2 seedling images inside using Memento Ink.
I hope you enjoyed my card for this month. I can’t wait to try this layout with other colors, it’s just an amazing stamp and I know it will produce beautiful results!
Please continue on with our hoppers this month. Tracie Evans Langley is next, so go check out her project!
Toni Campana === YOU ARE HERE!
DON’T FORGET! There’s still time to take advantage of Sale-a-Bration! You have until August 31st to take advantage of earning FREE items, based on your online order total 🙂 Click on the pic below to see the options!
Products used for this project